Please scroll down for complete listing of jobs: Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent positions available. Positions posted by date they are received.
Golf Course Head Equipment Mechanic
Hollywood Casino Gulf Coast (The Bridges Golf Course) is seeking a Head Equipment Mechanic. For more information or to apply, please CLICK HERE.
Date posted: 6/21/18
Park Grounds Director
Honours Golf is seeking a Park Grounds Director for Chocolocco Park. For more information, please CLICK HERE.
Date Posted: 6/18/18
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
The Island is seeking an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. Please CLICK HERE for more information.
Date posted: 5/18/18
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Houston Country Club is seeking an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. CLICK HERE for more information or to apply.
Date posted: 4/27/18
Assistant Golf Course Superintendent
Mississippi State University Golf Course is in search of an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. For more details and/or to apply, click on the following link: http://explore.msujobs.msstate.edu/cw/en-us/job/496982?lApplicationSubSourceID
Date posted: 4/24/18
Golf Course Superintendent
Indian Creek Golf Course in Carrollton, Texas is seeking a Golf Course Superintendent. For more details, CLICK HERE.
Date Posted: 4/19/18
Assistant Superintendent Position
The Bridges Golf Course at Hollywood Casino Gulf Coast is seeking an Assistant Superintendent. Please CLICK HERE to get full details.
Bayou Desiard is seeking an assistant. Please CLICK HERE to get full details!
Pearland, TX, USA
Salary: $23.39, hourly, Full Time
The City of Pearland offers an excellent benefits package including a voluntary ICMA 457 deferred compensation program, as well as membership in the Texas Municipal Retirement System (TMRS) with a 2:1 employer match. The City of Pearland pays all premiums for the employee’s dental, long-term disability protection, and life insurance and the City pays the majority portion of the medical premium for employees and dependents.
Date posted 3/7/18
Click here for additional details
Course Superintendent and/or Assistant Superintendent
Philadelphia Country Club of Philadelphia, Mississippi is currently looking to hire a course superintendent or superintendent/clubhouse manager.
Job Duties include proper greens maintenance, irrigation, staff supervision, spraying/fertilization schedule planning, and all other general aspects of golf course maintenance. Turf School graduate/golf course experience is preferred. Details of the clubhouse manager portion of the job could vary depending on pedigree. Duties may include abbreviated food service, pro shop, greens fee collection, etc. Salary/compensation packages are dependent upon experience, pedigree and reputable references.
Philadelphia Country Club is an 18-hole course, privately owned by its members. We have a fleet of adequate and proper equipment to work with. To apply or for more information, contact Jeff Lee at Jefflee2530@yahoo.com or (601) 575-4210.
Posted: January 11, 2018
Head Superintendent at Greenwood Country Club/Greenwood, MS:
Responsible for operation of the golf course/club grounds and maintenance. The responsibilities include: turf grass/plant material maintenance programs, property/asset management, personnel management, budget/forecasting, financial management, member relations, scheduling/maintenance or irrigation systems, pesticide applications, related recordings, and compliance of regulatory issues. The Golf Course Superintendent works to create an environment where staff is involved and enthusiastic, with open communications and respect for themselves, members, guests and the property.
- Responsible for all phases of Golf Maintenance and Agronomic operations, cost control, and personnel.
- Works closely with, advises, and coordinates with the Head Golf Professional on any issues related to golf course maintenance.
- Directs and participates in the construction and maintenance of the grounds.
- Designs landscape plans for facility grounds and implements the plan.
- Administers and enforces all Club rules, regulations and policies for staff.
- Supports and assists with membership seminars and orientations.
- Works closely with the Club Manger/Board of Governors to operate the Golf Course in a fiscally responsible and professional manner.
- Must be able to work independently and be a self-starting problem solver.
- Oversees the care and maintenance of the turf, ornamental plants, shrubs, trees and wetlands on the facility grounds.
- Directs and assists the staff on the planting of new vegetation, the replacement, spraying, pruning and trimming of trees and shrubs, the preparation of soil plant beds for aesthetically pleasing arrangements and tending to high stress areas.
- Provides detailed annual plan for the various property levels and the designated landscaping areas. Includes rotational design to provide facility with fresh, eye-catching, interesting and pleasant atmosphere.
- Manages an aggressive water usage tracking plan and irrigation systems and provides monthly reporting on retaining ponds, wells and other water source usage.
- Recruits, supervises and retains maintenance staff. Conducts employee performance evaluations and exercises disciplinary action.
- Provides technical, operational and safety training for employees to ensure that staff is working within OSHA, club safety, state and federal guidelines for safe working conditions.
- Oversees subordinates in proper and safe operation and maintenance of mechanical and power equipment. Plans and budgets for additional or replacement capital equipment.
- Supervises and participates in the application and recording of chemical applications (fertilizers and pesticides) on the Club's grounds in compliance with all local, state, and federal regulations.
- Supervises and controls all maintenance expenses associated with Golf Course Operations, including payroll, supplies, chemicals and fertilizers.
- Develops annual operating budget and plans for maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Maintains records and completes required reporting. Order parts, supplies and equipment as needed.
- Schedules maintenance practices around member play and outings to maximize efficiency and minimize disruption to members.
- Coordinates snow removal and winter maintenance activities when necessary.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of management and maintenance of greens, fairways and roughs.
- Knowledge of use and operating standards of equipment and tools used in golf course construction and maintenance work.
- Skill in recruiting, supervising, training, monitoring, evaluating and motivating personnel.
- Interpersonal skill to resolve conflict and work with supervisors, officials, employees, members and the general public.
- Knowledge of safe use, mixing and application of chemicals and commercial products.
- Knowledge of the game of golf, golf rules and methods of play.
- Ability to anticipate personnel, equipment, and material requirements related to golf course maintenance and repair assignments.
- Ability and knowledge to lay out irrigation patterns, drainage patterns, construct tees and/or greens.
- 3-5 years experience as a Golf Superintendent or 1st Assistant
- 2-year Degree or Certificate in Turf Management (or related field, like agronomy, horticulture, plant science, soil science).
- Advance computer skills required for financial reporting and control of operations, including use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Pesticide Application License
- Prefer Certification by the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America
Send Inquiries/Resume to: Mary Garrard/Manager, Greenwood Country Club. Email: email@example.com. Fax: 662/453-1237
Date Posted: 1/22/18
The City of New Orleans is looking to fill the position of Turf Mechanic at the Joseph M. Bartholomew, Sr. Golf Course in New Orleans, LA
Turf Mechanic Duties and Responsibilities include: Knowledge of small gas and diesel engines, experienced with back lapping and set up of turf equipment, perform preventative maintenance on tractors and various turf equipment. Candidates must be dependable, neat and orderly, possess good recordkeeping skills, and reside in the New Orleans metro area. The City of New Orleans has a full suite of benefits including medical/dental/vision insurance, life insurance, sick and annual leave, paid holidays and a pension. This is a Full time hourly paid position with available overtime.
Send resume/Inquiries to: John Thornbor: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Fax: 504-288-3454, Office: 504-658-3389.
Date Posted: 1/25/18
Mobile Irrigation Service Technician
Jerry Pate Turf & Irrigation is seeking an Irrigation Field Service Technician in our Louisiana/Mississippi territory.
This position provides technical support services and installation of irrigation products at our customer's locations. This includes but is not limited to; on site solutions, technical services, preventive maintenance, mechanical repairs and customer support for commercial and golf irrigation systems to include pump stations.
Experience with pump station controls and components, irrigation control software, irrigation field controllers, radios, sprinklers, electrical wiring, hydraulic controls, valves, and GPS services preferred.
The ideal candidate should have the following skills.
1. Experience in proper operation and maintenance of irrigation systems or similar electrical and hydraulic systems.
2. Microsoft Windows 10, Office 365 and other software.
3. Excellent verbal and written communications skills with the ability to meet deadlines and goals, while working independently.
4. Highly motivated and organized with repair accuracy and attention to detail.
5. Strong safety awareness and history of adherence to safety practices.
6. Experience in irrigation and radio systems diagnosis and repair.
7. Advanced electronic diagnostics and troubleshooting skills.
8. Troubleshooting and repair of industrial pumping systems and components.
9. Commitment to continued professional development.
This position interfaces directly with the customer and contributes to customer satisfaction by accurately identifying the problem, repairing the equipment correctly the first time and meeting repair promise dates.
A valid driver's license with a clean motor vehicle record is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Background and motor vehicle checks will be conducted.
Date Available: Immediately
Please email resumes to:
Jerry Pate Turf & Irrigation, Inc.
Phone: 404-346-5340 ext. 3205
Salary Range: DOE
Benefits: Medical insurance, 401K retirement plan, company vehicle and cell phone, uniforms, vacation and sick leave.
Sales Representative, Agra Turf
Location: Mississippi/Western Tennessee
Agra Turf, Inc. is actively seeking a Sales Representative for golf, lawn, sports turf and ornamentals. If you are self-motivated, personable and like the idea of working for a small business that knows your name, then this may be the perfect job for you!
Position: Our new Sales Rep will be expected to cover Mississippi and Eastern, Tennessee. The individual will be responsible for maintaining existing business and growing new business in this sales territory, while providing the customer base with sound agronomic and technical advice. An existing customer base is preferred. This position is best suited for indiiduals with the abilit to work both independently and collaboratively, as required.
Experience Requirements: Qualified candidates must have experience with professional turf products and product knowledge. Prior experience managing a sales territory is preferred. Ideal candidates should also possess excellent verbal and written skills,along with strong time-management skills.
Other Requirements: Position requires travel. Applicants must possess a valid driver's license.
Date Available: Flexible start date.
Resumes and cover letters are being accepted now and should be sent via mail or e-mail. Please, no phone calls.
Agra Turf Inc.
PO Box 9168
Searcy, AR 72145
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Benefits: Healthcare, Expense allowance.
Field Service Technician JOHN DEERE GOLF
BEARD EQUIPMENT CO. is seeking a Field Service Technician in Southern Louisiana, Mississippi and the surrounding area.
This position performs troubleshooting, diagnostics, evaluations, repairs and maintenance on commercial turf equipment, at customer locations. This includes gas and diesel engines, hydraulic systems, drivelines, electrical systems, and cutting units . This position interfaces directly with the customer and contributes to customer satisfaction by repairing equipment and minimizing downtime.
Experience: Strong mechanical background with experience in golf course, commercial turf, and agricultural service is preferred.
Benefits include; medical insurance, 401K retirement plan, company vehicle ,cell phone, computer,uniforms and vacation.
A valid driver’s license with a clean motor vehicle record is required. Must own your own tools, possess excellent time management skills, and meet the physical requirements including but not limited to; standing for an entire shift, climbing, lifting bending, stooping and moving equipment up to 75lbs. Some overnight travel required.
Drug Free Workplace and EOE. Background checks will be conducted.
Send Resume or contact Tim Rutledge